The overall goals of the CARES Lab are:
- to engage in research to understand why some children feel more and why some feel less for other people.
- to engage in research to understand how feelings and knowledge of feelings guide behaviour. We also look at how parents communicate feelings.
- to engage in research to understand how feelings may inform our knowledge of other people’s feelings.
- to engage in research to understand how parents and peers might change youth risky and problem behaviour.
- to use this research to guide advances in our assessment and intervention technology for social, emotional and behavioural disorders in youth.
The goals of this web site are to provide:
- the most up-to-date information on the research being conducted by the lab and the people involved in this research,
- access to or instructions for obtaining the measures that have been used in research conducted by the lab, and
- information for prospective graduate students who may be interested in joining this exciting group of researchers.
If you want to know more or if you have questions, please contact Dr. Luna C. Muñoz Centifanti at luna.centifanti at liverpool.ac.uk.